Here are some basic essential tips to help your moving experience a little easier:
Step 1: Select a Moving Company
– Select a mover that is licensed and insured.
- Go to: www.cpuc.ca.gov to find licensed movers
- Check the Moving Company (MTR) button
- Then enter the carrier ID or the Company Name
123 Moving and Storage is a family-owned-and-operated company since 1998 and is licensed in California: MTR #191301
Step 2: Prepare for your Move
– To make life easier don’t procrastinated and start packing as soon as you can.
- 30 days in advance is recommended to downsize and organize your household
– Label all of your boxes with a brief description of items and location.
- This will help the movers know where to place the items in your new home
Step 3: What to Expect on Move Day
– If you hire 123 Moving and Storage, before your move begins, the movers will do a complete “walk-through” of your home to familiarize themselves with your items and be made aware of any special needs.
– 123 will provide you with a copy of the contract, along with a customer service report, which are to be signed at the beginning and the end of your move.